I’m not going to give you a lecture about “we only have 24 hours in the days” to complete what we need to do.
Nope, not me. However, this short article is about looking at your 12-month calendar and scheduling some of the things that you know you will be doing each week for the next 12 months.
Here’s a list of 7 items that should to go into your schedule:
- Events – You pretty much know ahead of time when the next annual company meeting will be held. Or the monthly association meetings. Or continuing education classes you need to take. Enter those dates first.
- Personal Time – This could include gym time, spiritual time, personal time, vacation time and time with family and friends.
- Lead-Generation Strategies – Are you a morning person? Or late-night one? Schedule time at least 3 times a week for 2 to 3 hours and write down the strategy for that day. It might be that on Tuesday, you call 10 past clients. On Thursday, you email your database on the latest home sales in your community. On Saturday, you hold an open house or work your farm area.
- Follow up on Leads – This should be about 30 minutes a day. This could be leads from your open house. Referrals that you got from past clients. People you have met the week before.
- Your Weekly Appointments – Take control of your time. Give your clients several dates and times YOU can meet with them, like Tuesday from 2 to 3 pm or Thursday 9 am to 11 am, 3:45, etc. Be sure to schedule enough time because one listing presentation make take longer than others and you probably know which ones up front.
- Other Things – Non-dollar-producing activities like creating marketing materials, mailing post cards or entering info in your database might be 1 hour every day. While it’s not “mandatory,” it’s critical to keep those leads coming in the door.
What other things do you schedule in your calendar that I have not mentioned here?